5 bridal beauty tips you have to know before your big day arrives!
Preparation is key for bright, radiant, luminous skin leading up to the most important day of your life! Start prepping your skin at least 8 weeks prior to your big day to give your skin an extensive hydration boost to achieve that ultimate bridal glow. Planning a wedding can be extremely stressful although very exciting at the same time. With that in mind you may forget about taking good care of yourself and your skin! Your skin is your base and you want to look as flawless as possible so here are my top 5 wedding
skincare tips for those budding brides to be!
1. The health benefits of vitamin C & fish oils can be incredible for the body’s largest organ, the skin! Start by taking vitamin C & fish oil supplements 1000mg a day to ward off colds, to reduce inflammation in the body which fights stress breakouts on the skin and to strengthen and protect your immune system. If you are a cold sore sufferer I highly recommend taking Lysine to prevent cold sores in the lead up to your big day.
2. In addition to oral consumption you can also use vitamin C topically on the skin in the form of a serum and reap the numerous skin health benefits! Vitamin C applied topically is a powerful antioxidant protecting the skin from pollution and other damaging factors. It stimulates the production of collagen which in turn reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, firms and tightens the skin. I highly recommended this Image Vital C serum in the lead up to your wedding day for the ultimate radiance booster and collagen enhancer!
3. Using an active cleanser, hydrating moisturiser, deep exfoliator and SPF 30+ are key! An active cleanser is a deep foaming cleansing gel designed to kill blemish causing germs and bacteria. It dissolves dead skin cells, makeup residue and debris on the surface of the skin and deeply cleanses the pores helping to reduce those dreaded blackheads and congestion under the skin. Choosing products for your skin type is also key! Obagi Medical Gentle Cleanser is fantastic to remove impurities from your skin without drying or causing irritation followed by Obagi Medical Hydrate Moisturiser is super hydrating designed to nourish & replenish skin cells for up to 8 hours!
4. Introduce a retinol 0.25 strength cream (nightly). Once you start you won’t go back! I don’t know anyone over the age of 25 who would not benefit from a nightly dose of retinol! My no.1 skincare recommendation is to wear an SPF. My second most important piece of advice USE a retinol cream! These vitamin A derivatives have been proven to boost collagen production drastically (reducing wrinkles and preventing fine lines). It improves uneven skin tone and texture giving you a clearer brighter complexion, tightens open pores, rejuvenates the skin and repairs skin damage. I can always tell when a woman is using a retinol, she’ll have that dewy, fresh faced look, like she just had a facial! Start by using a low dosage and over time increase to a retinol 1%.
5. Try to have at least 2 sessions of microdermabrasion along with a Vitamin C facial 4-6 weeks prior to your big day. Microdermabrasion is a gentle exfoliating treatment that removes dead skin cells and stimulates collagen production giving the skin a fresh youthful look. It’s a mild yet effective treatment, pair this with a hydrating vitamin C facial and this will give your skin a beautiful healthy glow. The makeup application on the morning of your wedding will glide on giving you a flawless radiant finish.